Effective Date: August 16, 2011
Generally, we collect and maintain three categories of data:
- account information generated when an individual or entity activates our services - which generally includes contact information and payment information (we call this "Personal Information");
- data provided by our fellows and collaborators about individuals or entities with whom they are affiliated; and
- data about visitors to our Site who may or may not also be our customers.
Although the majority of our customers are fellows, some of the account information submitted to us, and maintained by us, could be used to identify or relate to an individual ("personal data") rather than a business.
What We Do With the Data Collected on Our Sites
If you have provided your contact information (which may include personal data) to us, we may use such information to contact you for marketing purposes by various means, including regular mail, email or telephone. When you activate a KFLA account, you expressly consent to receive marketing communications about KFLA services via direct mail, email (at the email address you provided when you activated your account), telephone (at the number you provided when you activated your account) or other communications methods. We may also use personal and non-personal (e.g., business-related) data for other purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing the services you request; and
- providing technical support.
We do not disclose, sell or rent Personal Information or Personal Data without your prior consent or unless we are required to disclose such information by order or other requirement of a court, administrative agency, or other governmental body or applicable law. Such data is available:
- to you after you sign up for our services;
- to KFLA employees who access and manage this information in connection with our services; and
- to our service providers for purposes of providing functions or services related to our services and customers' accounts.
Why Do You Receive Email From Us?
If you received one or more e-mails from us, it means that
- your email address is on our list of fellows and collaborators or
- you have provided us your email address so that we could contact you. If you believe you received an email from us in error, please contact us immediately at [email protected].
How Can You Stop Receiving Emails From Us?
Each email sent contains an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving email from the lists to which you are subscribed, or to change your expressed interests. If you do not wish to receive additional emails from KFLA, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email.
How Do We Secure the Personal Data We Collect?
We use technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data used by our system. Also, we provide each customer with a unique user name and password that must be entered each time a customer logs in to its account. No data transmissions over the Internet, however, are guaranteed to be completely secure. While we strive to protect your data from unauthorized use or disclosure, KFLA does not warrant or guarantee the security of the data that you provide to us.
Third Party Websites
The Site contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any third party websites. Customers and visitors who link to other third party websites from the Site should check the privacy and security policy statements of such third party websites to understand the policies and practices of such third party websites as we are not responsible for those policies and practices. Customers and visitors who access a linked site may be disclosing their private information to the owner of such third party websites. It is your responsibility to keep such information private and confidential.
Questions about Your Account
If you have any questions about your account or how we use the data we collect and maintain in the course of providing our services, please contact us at [email protected].